Friday, June 30, 2006

There's something about Caitlin


Hey there, Caitlin. You know who you are. But allow me to introduce you to my 5 or 6 other faithful blog readers.

Caitlin, my friends, is a lovely work colleague of mine who happened upon my blog quite innocently while doing some United Way research. When her discovery was revealed to me, I admit I had a momentary panic attack about the damage my trash talk might have on my career. But my fears were fleeting whenI quickly realized that 1) I really have no secrets and 2) I only have good things to say about United Way.

But I couldn't let the girl get away with this knowledge she now has of me without a little tit for tat, if you know what I'm sayin'. So I figured I'd tell the world a little bit about her (mainly because she's an interesting gal).

Caitlin is quite simply the epitome of style and quite frankly, I have a love/hate relationship with her. There are a very small number of people in this world who have a consummate sense of style (Ali McGraw, Jackie Kennedy and Katherine Hepburn are among this elite and gifted group). Little Miss Caitlin is one of them. Terms like "smart", "put together", "crisp", "classic" and "radiant" spring to mind when I see this girl make an entrance. Combine this gift for style with the most perfect head of raven-coloured curls and skin that looks like a child's cheeks fresh from a romp in the fall leaves, and well--- you can see where the hate part comes in. The girl is perfection. Oh, and did I fail to mention that she's as bright as a light and not the least bit pretentious. I guess that's where the love comes in.

*Above you'll see the unmatched beauty of Ali MacGraw--- a woman who doesn't even try to be stylish. She just is. And that, my friends, is half the art of being "a Caitlin."