Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Have Yourself a Merry Anti-Xmas


So for various reasons, my 35th Xmas will be the least Xmas-y Xmas ever. And frankly, I'm cool with that.


But I'm also very cool with the fact that my dear brother Doug and his lovely wife Kristin will be popping in for some quick 'nog n' nosh on Xmas afternoon. They will be our only guests, and I anxiously await their arrival. Especially since....


... they're expecting their first baby!!! My first neice or nephew! My parents' first grandchild!


It's all very exciting.


Naturally, my ultra-sensitive brother was apprehensive about sharing the news with his faultily-wired sister, but I assured him it was news I wanted to hear. It was news that made my heart full.


This coming spring, Doug and Kristin's lives will change forever with the arrival of this little mystery creature. And I for one, know that little one is in good hands.