Wednesday, February 15, 2006

TV, why do I love you so?



Damn you TV!! You've done it again. Lured me in with American Idol.

Only this time it's different. There's a certifiably talented, seemingly bright, definitely attractive contestant that has me bewitched and bewildered with his old school ways.

Taylor Hicks is his name and blue-eyed soul is his game. He's a 29-year old white boy from Alabama with premature grey hair and a voice that harkens back to the days of Sam Cooke, Otis Redding and Ray Charles. I can't help but compare him to Michael McDonald, who I LOVE.

So, I have no choice. I *must* tune in to see what this mysterious, alluring anomaly will surprise me with next.

While we're on the subject of TV, is it odd that I depend on Breakfast Television on CityTV every morning? Kevin Frankish and friends have this comfy old sweater feel that I've grown to love. Frank the Weather Boy is particularly cute in that "let's go have a beer and talk trash about our co-workers" kind of way. At least that's the sense I get about him.

Enough talking. Trash.

*Above pic is of the captivating Taylor Hicks. The only reason I'll be watching Idol this season.
"I get my kicks on cute Taylor Hicks." (I made that up myself).