Wednesday, February 22, 2006

He likes playing doctor


That is the salacious tagline on the cover of this month's Details magazine. The man they're referring to is the tantalizing Patrick Dempsey---perhaps most famous for Can't Buy Me Love, but I remember him for his performance as the wayward brother in Coupe de Ville, a wonderful sleeper of a movie that also stars Alan Arkin and Daniel Stern.

But I won't bore you with that. I really just wanted say how HOT I thought this photo spread was. You can see it for yourself. It's pretty amazing, this 11th hour fame in his late thirties. I thought for sure he was destined for the dusty archives of Teen Beat magazine.

So, I guess I haven't been "bringing up baby" much lately. I suppose it's because we're in that insufferably long period that occurs post-unsuccessful ovulation and pre-Cycle Day 1, when the fun begins all over again.

I took my Day 40 temperature today, examined my *so not* textbook example of an ovulation chart and decided to retire the tongue wand to my bedside table drawer. And besides, they only give you 40 days to chart. That's as "abnormal" as they let your cycle get.

I've decided I can't do this reproductive crapshoot much longer. 3 more cycles and then we move onto adoption. Thankfully, Don is cool with this. Three more cycles translates to about 5 more months which brings us to late July. So if my baby bottle is half full, it's possible with could have a little one by next summer. Biological or otherwise---we could very well have a small creature with more demands than our cat.