Sunday, July 16, 2006

Getting excited about the move



August 11th is the day we can finally call 18 Glenmore Rd. home. I'm really looking forward to it. We drove by it today and wandered around the Beaches and it all felt good.

There's a discernably different vibe in the Beaches. It's the Venice Beach of Toronto. Very laid back, liberal and, well, beachy. I like.

Today I made a brownie recipe that I snagged from a girl at work. Really very delicious (there's 1 cup of Guiness in them!) but it's bad for this girl to have too much of a good thing within her reach.

Yesterday, Don and I went to a Blue Jays game with my folks. It was an awesome game. Went for 14 innings and the Jays won! I should mention that my Mom finished her radiation last week and now she's on the road to recovery. She's in fine form, I must say. Just anxious to have her hair back.

Looking forward to the 4 day work week I have ahead of me. Don and I are off to Stratford for 2 days on Friday. I'm told I should expect a very charming little Ontario town. I've seen many in my life and I never tire of them. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

I'll be taking a pregnancy test a week from tomorrow. Not optimistic but I'm pretty used to the disappointment.

While I wait for a child of my own, I've decided that I'm going to pursue being a Big Sister (*Annette: thanks for the encouragement). I'll begin the application process this week and hopefully I'll have a match by the fall. I'm thinking I'll ask for a 13 year-old.

Must run. Off to finish making a lovely cold pasta salad with roasted garlic and tomatoes.

*Above pics of Jays game yesterday