Saturday, December 17, 2005

So this psychic told me...

Well folks, this is where my life gets exciting. Two things happened yesterday. I got a job (that I was really hoping I'd get) AND I had a psychic tell me that I'd be having a baby girl "sooner than later." Not a bad day at all.

Now don't worry--- I don't take psychic predictions as gospel. In fact, this was my first psychic reading EVER. But let me just say that having someone focused intently, intuitively and exclusively on you and your future is a pretty intoxicating experience. I even said half-jokingly to Don afterwards "I think I could get addicted to this."

And in my defense, I didn't go yellow-paging psychic guidance. It just happened to be offered at the restaurant we were having dinner at. So there.

But who's kidding who. I'm destined for a 12-step program. I know it.

So Don and I caught a matinee today. Capote. You can't go wrong with Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The guy is brilliant. He had the affected mannerisms down pat. Not to mention the winsome voice.

Oh yeah, and I caught The Family Stone on my own yesterday. I admit---I was a slobbering mess. It was like a cross between The Big Chill and Flirting With Disaster with a bit of Terms of Endearment and Pieces of April thrown in. Diane Keaton is fantastic. I even found myself thinking if I had to have a celebrity mom, that's who I'd want. She's just so cool. Smart. Witty. Looks great in a turtleneck and white shirt. Totally holds her own in a room.

I hope that one day my child can hold their own in a room.

Without being an ass, of course.

No comments: