Saturday, January 14, 2006

She's here.

AF arrived this morning. I was strangely happy to see her. 50 days without a visit is a damn long time, Aunty! Just for you, I've got the Waldorf salad and a game of bridge lined up for the afternoon.

Darling Don is away for a day in Ottawa. His good buddy Owen's wife, Sandra, decided at the last minute to surprise her hubby with a birthday present of Don's presence. So she flew him in, just so they could watch the Sens and the Leafs battle it out on the tube together.

While I was a bit sad to see him off this morning, I'm going to find some joy in a little solo time today and tomorrow. Job starts on Monday, so I'm in personal psyching mode. Tidying the house, figuring out the first impression outfit for Day One, and partaking in random nothings like reading the Globe and Star, petting the kitty and doing a little knitty is what will comprise my Saturday.

It's a "feeling fat" day, so it's a good thing I'm in hibernation mode. Alright, maybe it's not deep-down good, but it's superficially good and I'm cool with that for today.